If you are ready to submit your music for consideration, please read the information below.
Good luck, we hope to be seeing you soon!
~Backwoods Festival & Connector
Please note: Your submission for the Trail to the Woods does not guarantee a performance slot at a Trail to Backwoods or at Backwoods at Mulberry Mountain – no representation of such a performance should be made by any artist unless notified in writing by Backwoods or Connector Presents.
Trail to the Woods: How it Works: (please read this entire document):
1) Submit your music per the guidelines below
2) A panel will review submissions
3) You will be notified if you have been selected to participate in Trail to Backwoods
4) At the event: Crowd Vote + Judges vote will determine the winner
5) After the event: Crowd & Judges votes are cast and tallied – winner announced each night or online the following day
6) Performance slots at the Trail to Backwoods are non-paid.
7) Artist are responsible for their own travel, lodging, hospitality
8) Backline each night is not provided – Artists must supply their own equipment at the event including instruments, mixers, CDJs, turntables, needles, etc.! NO BACKLINE will be provided so please come prepared.
9) IF chosen to perform at Backwoods:
a. Travel to/from Backwoods Festival is artist’s responsibility
b. Performance slot it not monetarily compensated. Performance is in exchange for TWO General Admission tickets to Backwoods, inclusive of parking and camping passes. (You will receive a ticket and a plus one to Backwoods Festival 2019)
c. Artist and guest will receive a meal in artist hospitality on the date of your performance
d. Artist will receive a 45-60 minute performance slot at an official Backwoods Stage – /stage/date – TBD
e. Winners will be featured on Backwoods socials, website schedule, and print schedule at the Festival.
● Each paying patron will be given a voting ticket upon entry. They may cast their vote for their favorite artist on the lineup at any point throughout the night.
● There will be a minimum of 2 Judges at each event.
o The judges may be comprised of representatives of Backwoods, Connector Presents, Venue Staff, Local underground celebrities.
o Each Judge holds 100 votes to give to one artist of his/her choosing
▪ Judging criteria may include, and not limited to, the following:
● Quality of Band Performance
● Mixing ability
● Tune selection
● Showmanship and style
● Technical skill
● Crowd reaction
● Entries are accepted Feb 1 st and will remain open for each event until the lineup for that event is full.
● Your Initial Entry Set Length should be no less than 30 minutes
● Upload your initial entry set to your Sound Cloud publicly where we can find it, under the title
“Backwoods at Mulberry Mountain – B4B Competition Entry”.
● Once your submission has been uploaded email email@example.com
o Please include following Subject line: “T2B – (CITY, STATE) – Submission” – feel free to include any relevant information on why you feel you should be selected to participate in Trail to the Woods.
● The review process is ongoing and open until the Trail to the Woods tour lineup is fully booked.
● Only one submissions per artist
● Artists may only submit for one city
● Only submit for a city where you have a fan base – Keep in mind, part of the selection process is crowd vote. Give your fans the best opportunity to come out and support you!
WHAT TYPES OF MUSIC ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
● Electronic Music
o Progressive House
o Tech House
o Deep House
o Psy Trance
o Deep Dub
o Deep Trance
● Live Bands
o Indie Rock
o Progressive Rock
WHAT TYPES OF MUSIC ARE WE NOT LOOKING FOR?
● NO cover bands
● NO heavy metal
● NO mainstream EDM
● Anyone caught playing a pre-recorded set will be immediately disqualified.
If selected for the next round you will be notified directly, in writing, by a representative of Backwoods or Connector Presents. At that time you will be given additional instructions of what is expected and how the nightly shows will run.
If you have any additional questions, interested in vending, live art, or sponsorship of Trail to the Woods please email firstname.lastname@example.org